Funding Available – Submit your idea today!
Are you looking for a permanent wellbeing space at work where you and your colleagues can rest, relax and recharge? Then we want to hear from you!
Funding is available for staff across NHS Lothian who are looking to establish a permanent wellbeing space in their place of work. This can be a new space or the renovation of an existing space, it can be indoor or outdoor. All you need to do is let the Healthy Working Lives team know a bit more about your idea by completing our Expression of Interest form.
Please do not complete this form if you work at the following hospitals; Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Royal Hospital for Sick Children/Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, St John’s Hospital or the Western General Hospital.
Due to the size of these sites, a separate process will be undertaken. Contact your wellbeing lead at these sites for more information.
How do I apply for funding?
The first stage is to submit an Expression of Interest form where you provide a brief overview of your proposal in no more than 200 words. This does not need to be a fully formed idea at this stage, but you will need to include the following information to enable the Healthy Working Lives leads to assess whether your idea can be taken to a stage 2 application:
- What you would like to do?
- Why you would like to do it?
- What positive impact will this have on the wellbeing of you and your colleagues going forward?
- What will you need to create the Wellbeing Space (i.e. paint, soft furnishings, lamps, chairs etc.)?
- If you have an estimated cost, it would be helpful (but not essential) if you could also include this.
Things to consider
Before completing the Expression of Interest Form, please read through the following points:
- The amount shown next to the location on the Expression of Interest form is the maximum budget available for that site based on the number of NHS Lothian employees.
- The wellbeing space must be accessible to ALL staff who use the site and not limited to one group or team.
- Only one wellbeing space will be funded per site. If there are multiple teams/practices within one site then this should be submitted as a joint bid.
- These spaces must be able to be sustained and maintained for a minimum of five years without the need for additional funding. Funding can therefore not be used for consumables such as tea, coffee, snacks. Please also consider the implications of any maintenance costs for any equipment bought as additional funding will not be available for this.
- Please do not complete the form if you work at the following hospitals, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Royal Hospital for Sick Children/Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, St John’s Hospital or the Western General Hospital. Due to the size of these sites, a separate process will be undertaken and you will be advised of this process through the Healthy Working Lives Lead for your site in due course.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check our FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for Inspiration?
Find out more about how we are already helping sites to create wellbeing spaces across NHS Lothian, helping to give a moment of calm to recharge. Maybe they will give you some inspiration for your own space.