Funding Available – Submit your idea today!
Are you looking for a permanent wellbeing space at work where you and your colleagues can rest, relax and recharge? Then we want to hear from you!
Funding is available for staff across NHS Lothian who are looking to establish a permanent wellbeing space in their place of work. This can be a new space or the renovation of an existing space, it can be indoor or outdoor. All you need to do is let the Healthy Working Lives team know a bit more about your idea by completing our Expression of Interest form (link below).
Please do not complete this form if you work at the following hospitals; Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Royal Hospital for Sick Children/Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, St John’s Hospital or the Western General Hospital. Due to the size of these sites, a separate process will be undertaken and you will be advised of this process through the Healthy Working Lives Lead for your site in due course.
What funding is available?
Funding will be based on the number of NHS Lothian employees working at your base location. For example:
>2,000 employees – a bespoke process will be followed with the Healthy Working Lives Leads and Business Managers on each site
500 – 1,999 employees – £4,000 funding available for the wellbeing space on your site
100 – 499 employees – £2,000 funding available for the wellbeing space on your site
50 – 99 employees – £1,000 funding available for the wellbeing space on your site
< 50 employees – £500 funding available for the wellbeing space on your site
This funding has been made available through Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation and NHS Charities Together with the project itself being taken forward by the Healthy Working Lives team.
How do I apply for funding?
The first stage is to submit an Expression of Interest form where you provide a brief overview of your proposal in no more than 200 words. This does not need to be a fully formed idea at this stage, but you will need to include the following information to enable the Healthy Working Lives leads to assess whether your idea can be taken to a stage 2 application:
- What you would like to do?
- Why you would like to do it?
- What positive impact will this have on the wellbeing of you and your colleagues going forward?
- What will you need to create the Wellbeing Space (i.e. paint, soft furnishings, lamps, chairs etc.)?
- If you have an estimated cost, it would be helpful (but not essential) if you could also include this.
Things to consider
Before completing the Expression of Interest Form, please read through the following points:
- The amount shown next to the location on the Expression of Interest form is the maximum budget available for that site based on the number of NHS Lothian employees.
- Only one wellbeing space will be funded per site.
- These spaces must be able to be sustained and maintained for a minimum of five years without the need for additional funding. Funding can therefore not be used for consumables such as tea, coffee, snacks. Please also consider the implications of any maintenance costs for any equipment bought as additional funding will not be available for this.
- Please do not complete the form if you work at the following hospitals, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Royal Hospital for Sick Children/Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, St John’s Hospital or the Western General Hospital. Due to the size of these sites, a separate process will be undertaken and you will be advised of this process through the Healthy Working Lives Lead for your site in due course.
The deadline for submitting an expression of interest is 8 January 2021
Once all proposals have been received, the Healthy Working Lives Lead for your area will then review them together to assess what is possible to take forward and match up similar proposals so that one overall application can be made for the same project.
You will be contacted by your Healthy Working Lives Lead by 28 February 2021 advising if your proposal will be taken to the next stage. At this point, you will be sent a link to the stage 2 application form and guidance notes on how to complete it. If your proposal has been unsuccessful, you will be advised of the reason for this.
Please note, being asked to submit a second stage application is not a guarantee of funding.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check our FAQ section below.