Taking a Rainbow Walk is a simple, fun way to brighten up a daily walk while also raising money to support NHS Lothian staff and patients.
- Register for your Rainbow Walk pack
- Decide a start date
- Make a donation or get some sponsorship
- Collect colours on your Rainbow Walk
- Colour in your rainbow as you collect each colour
- Share pictures of your completed certificate with us
Need some more information?
Over 7 days choose a different colour of the rainbow to ‘collect’ whilst out walking and either take a photo or write a list of the objects you have seen in that day’s particular colour. Children might also like to draw pictures of what they have seen or write them into a story.
Why not make this activity even more exciting and set a target of how many objects you have to identify in your colour for the day, or the distance you are going to walk.
Ask family and friends to sponsor you and link your Rainbow Walk in with our NHS Lothian Covid-19 Appeal. Your support will make a difference to the lives of staff and patients across Edinburgh and the Lothians both now and in the recovery from Coronavirus.
Register today to take part and receive your free downloadable Rainbow Walk certificate to be coloured in as you collect each colour. You will also receive more information on the walk and receive a special thank you goodie pack when you are finished.
Challenge your friends to take part in a Rainbow Walk in your area too and compare what you found.
Useful tips to get you started
- Set up your fundraising page by registering for the Rainbow Walk
- Pick a date to start and finish your Rainbow Walk
- Kick start your fundraising by making the first donation
- Upload a photo of who will be taking part
- Let people know why you are raising funds – you can use the information that we have on our Appeal page
- Tell as many people as you can and share what you are doing on social media – remember to tag us too!
- Record a video to ask people to support you then share
- Email friends and family with a personal message
- Get walking and collect some colour!
Why we need your support
Thanks to the support of donors like you, we have already put in place a number of wellbeing initiatives to provide immediate support in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. But the effects of this crisis will continue to be felt for a long time to come. A small donation can make a huge difference to our staff and patients and will help us to continue to support them in the ongoing fight against Coronavirus.
You can find out more about some of the ways we have been supporting NHS Lothian staff and patient wellbeing so far, by visiting our Funded Projects page.