Information For NHS Lothian Staff
Did you know that if you, your colleagues or your patients need anything to support you during the Coronavirus pandemic, that you can apply for funding through our COVID-19 Response Fund?
Here’s what you need to know:
- This fund is available to support NHS Lothian staff and patients
- There is no restriction on the maximum amount of funding that you can apply for and we will consider all requests based on the information you provide
- You cannot apply for funding for PPE, scrubs or other core equipment that is provided through routine funding
How to Apply
We’ve tried to make the application process as simple as possible.
If you, or your colleagues, identify something that would benefit you or your patients during this time, complete our COVID-19 Response Fund Application Form and send this to email@example.com. If you are looking to enhance or create a staff wellbeing space, please see below for information on how to apply to our Staff Wellbeing Spaces Fund.
We will review your request and if approved, we will advise you of what you need to do next. This might include:
- If it is petty cash, you can use the Petty Cash Form and the money will be paid straight back to your bank account – remember to submit your receipts with the form!
- If it is simple, single items (such as 5 tablets for patient virtual visiting) and you can provide a link to what you need, we can order this on a corporate credit card (for sites such as Amazon) and deliver to your home address.
- If it is multiple items, we will send you a form to complete to get your cost centre so we can transfer the money there, and you order in the usual way on PECOS.
- If it is a strategic project, this will be handled by Jane Ferguson, Director of Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation.
- If your request needs to be taken forward by a separate department, we will let you know who you need to follow up with.
We’ve received some really innovative project requests already, so keep talking to us about what you need and we will support you where we can.
Want to know more about the projects we have funded so far?
Visit our Funded Projects Page
Funding for Staff Wellbeing Spaces
If you’re looking for funding to create or enhance a wellbeing space, why not apply for our Staff Wellbeing Space funding? Up to £2,000 available depending on the size of your site. Find out more
Please note that this funding is not available for the larger sites: Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Royal Hospital for Sick Children/Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, St John’s Hospital or the Western General Hospital. Due to the size of these sites, a bespoke process is being taken forward in collaboration with the Business Managers.