The Edinburgh and Lothians Health Foundation aims to improve the physical and mental health of the people of Scotland, in particular in Edinburgh and the Lothians. It provides funding and makes grants to support projects and initiatives not normally funded by the health service.
The funds we receive and grants we make improve people’s health through:
- Supporting the welfare of patients and their carers
- Improve The Health And Wellbeing Of The Local Community
- Support Lothian as an Academic Centre of Excellence
- Arts in Health and Wellbeing
- Support Innovation and New Technology
- Supporting Capital Development Projects
- Support the Development of the NHS Lothian Workforce
The following pages in this section describe our history and structure, as well as giving specific examples of how we use our funds to make a lasting impact.