Film Library Commissions, RHSC & DCN, Edinburgh
Through funding from Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation and the Edinburgh Childrens Hospital Charity, we are offering a range of opportunities for artists, filmmakers and creative curators to provide film content to distract patients during treatment procedures at a new hospital in Edinburgh.
The new Royal Hospital for Sick Children & Department of Clinical Neurosciences will host a film library. This film library will offer clinicians the facility to show film content within treatment rooms to help provide distraction for patients during clinical procedures.
We are offering a range of opportunities for artists, filmmakers and creative curators to provide film content for three film channels that will be hosted on the hospital server system. Each channel will be used by clinicians and play therapists to distract patients during treatment procedures by encouraging them to relax, engage or focus.
Location : Edinburgh City
A range of new and existing film content is required so we are inviting submissions for three strands of activity across the channels:
- Strand 1: Four commissions for artists / filmmakers.
- Strand 2: Two commissions for creative curators.
- Strand 3: An open submission opportunity for artists and filmmakers to submit an existing short film or moving image work for inclusion in the film library.
- Strand 1 £4,000 per commission
- Strand 2 £2,500 per commission
- Strand 3 £150 payment for each work selected
The deadline for submissions is midnight on Sunday 1st October 2017.